Saturday, March 25, 2006

RIP Buck Owens




I am not 21 years old anymore. While I look 25 (did I stutter?) my 33 year old self can not keep the pace of a 21 year old - I require sleep and lots of water or my motor skills and thought processing ability rapidly decline. It has been fun though so I wouldn't trade a few hours of shut eye for the frivolity.

Yesterday I ate pizza for lunch, dinner, and for our 2nd dinner at 2 AM. Is that wrong? Is it wrong that I almost had a slice for dinner tonight?

Kristin arrived last night around 8 - we had dinner at Nebo’s then went to a pub. Dan thanks for being a great host for the pre game festivities - and for showing us your roof - what a great view!

T-top we missed you!!! Glad we got to see you today and meet your brother and his family - so nice :-)

K and I drug ourselves out of bed this morning and went apartment hunting. The first place we visited was roomy - ridiculously so almost - but the living space and kitchen were kinda funky - but we thought we were sold - almost. The second place I wouldn't live in if it was free. The third appointment started off promising - the agent - Adam - looked like a rock climber/rock band member. The realty office had a "too cool" vibe but in a good way and it was actually a real office. Adam showed us one place that was cheesy - the fake gold chandelier was a big turn off :) and it almost felt like there should have been wall to wall shag carpeting. Kristin noticed a smoky haze in the apartment but clearly the owners didn't smoke - hmmm.

Have to say we liked Adam almost immediately and he's good in my book because he was totally ok with the various four letter words that accidentally slipped out of my mouth. It's not my fault that I cuss inappropiately - I am just a very expressive person :) Anyway - I'm long winded tonight - it's the whole 4 hours of sleep, not 21, thought process problem. Sooooo - Adam showed us the final apartment - and as soon as we walked in we knew it was the one - 2 bedrooms, 2 baths - dining room - lots of light, nice view - freshly painted - perfect. Then to close the deal Adam takes us upstairs to the roof where we stumbled upon roof heaven. The roof is a series of decks with benches and a table and chairs and it overlooks a little park. I have to admit I let out a little scream when I stepped out onto the deck. Kristin started doing her Beyonce dance and Adam, well Adam lit up a smoke and had a moment to himself to enjoy the good work he had done.

So we are keeping our fingers crossed that everything goes through and we get the place.

No comments: