Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Random Useless things

Snooky and I were talking about how excited we were to watch the two new Vh1 shows - the Scott Biao is 45 show & Rock Love with Brett Michaels. They are still dreamy - and yes I made a crack about Brett but he's worn well.

Snook also said she saw a preview for a show called I hate my 30's. We both took offense b/c we love being in our 30's.

She said that one girl on the show who had to go to yet another wedding - single - and suffer the humiliation of catching the g*d damn bouquet simply got up and announced - "I'm going home to masturbate" and left the wedding. Brilliant!

I think catching the bouquet should be outlawed. It's ridiculous that the DJ (usually a chubby guy with a car salesmen personality [yes offensive I know] forces all the single women up to the front and then the attached women who are supposed to be your friends call you out and don't shut the hell up until you treck your fat embarrassed ass up front to stand in line with all the other single girls - which Snooky pointed out are usually under the age of 18). And just so you know - I hated doing that crap when I was single and hated it when I wasn't single - I refuse to participate anymore.

I think there should be free spa days or girls get away packages thrown out for all the married or otherwise involved women so they can take a break from being a mom/wife/girlfriend. Not that I want to get away from being a girlfriend - I'm just saying. Or better yet - just find some way to embarrass all the coupled up women :)

Snooky sorry if I stole your blog thunder - I wasn't sure if you were going to write about it and I loved it so much I had to share :)

Sweet dreams my lovely single friends and awesome married moms/mommies to be/and otherwise married/attached friends. I will not make any of you catch any bouquet if I should have that type of wedding. And for those of you that did it at your weddings - you're my friends and I love you so this isn't directed to you but keep in mind - if we're single and we don't want to come up and catch the bouquet please don't make us :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was never a Scott Baio fan but that program does look very interesting - probably because I'm going through the life coach process myself right now. Very interesting. Bret Michaels has aged pretty well but that man probably has more diseases than Tommy Lee - well, I take that back, they're probably neck and neck as they've slept with alot of the same rock groupies.

As for the wedding comments, I'm with you! I caught the bouquet once and it was so embarassing!! My friends made me watch the tape because they loved the faces I made. I looked as though I was going to beat my friend Paul up as he was putting the garter on my leg. I thought I was acting cool and playful but apparently I wasn't able to convey that to my facial expressions. I never thought of the 'throwing of the bouquet' as humiliating until that point, when I was the one in the hotseat.

Michelle Y