Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ah High School


I was prompted to dig out my old yearbooks from High School tonight for various reasons and what I found alarmed me.

OHMYLORD we were all geeks! Even the cool pretty people were geeks. I'm honestly amazed at how many of us were actually able to meet, mate, and procreate.

We all looked just like those ads you see online for classmates.com. The hair - mall bangs, flock of seagulls, cyndi lauper, mullets - it was all bad. The acne - the way the black and white pictures highlight it perfectly. The over-sized glasses, the peg jeans, the Jessica McClintock prom dresses.
Oy!

I have a fantastic picture of me and my BFF Laura from one of our dances freshmen year - I took a picture of it (since I don't have a scanner) I hope it shows up sorta well. Some of you have been lucky to see it up close and personal - it's priceless honestly. It's also ok to laugh b/c every time I see it I laugh. And yes - we had the same Jessica dresses on - Laura's was long - mine was short - she was a size 0 - I was not :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the picture is great i love the racoon eyes,,sexy!! and i was extremly cool and sexy in high school

Unknown said...

bwahaha - i do have raccoon eyes...awesome :)