Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Lobster Ravioli

Tonight I met up with a former T-Mobile co-worker. We went to the North End and had dinner at this great little Italian place, Giacomo's. I didn't get a picture but you can read about it: http://www.boston.com/news/necn/Shows/tv_diner/restaurant_reviews/giacomos/

It was a tiny place, jam packed, noisy, and you could smell how good it was all the way out the door. They don't take reservations and you have to wait outside until a table clears. They don't take your name, you just wait outside and if a table opens up that matches how many people you have in your party you're in. Ziad had been there once before and said the people outside stare at you while you eat and it makes you feel like you need to hurry up and get out so they can have their turn :-)

I had lobster ravioli and it was beyond good. This was the first time I've actually really eaten lobster. I've had bites of it before but this was an actual meal. My friend had a lobster and shrimp fettuccine which was excellent as well.


3 comments:

Anja said...

I was happy to hear you and Ziad finally got together for dinner. How fun. So, did waiting eyes encourage you to hurry through your dinner? I bet not!

Unknown said...

Maybe we should eat at this place too while I'm there???

Unknown said...

Yes, Alex said Legal is kinda like Red Lobster..and it's true..so we should go with your original thought and do something not so "chainy". We'll find someplace great!