Thursday, August 04, 2005

Just an ordinary Thursday

Just two pictures I like for the posting today.

The bus ride today was much better. I got on an earlier bus, sat up front, and stood at the front of the bus before my stop so I made sure I got off when I needed to.

Alex and I went to the EH&E company BBQ this afternoon. To say it was awkward to try and mingle and talk with 40 people we don't know would be an understatement. But we shuffled through it. Company get togethers are a nice idea in theory but in practice I don't enjoy them.


On the way there though a funny thing happened. I was driving, made a left turn...got into the right lane and found all the cars were stopped. So I stopped behind the line of cars waiting for the light to turn. It was taking a unusually long time and the cars in the left lane kept whizzing past. Then a car zips in to a space in front of the car in front of me and it dawns on me that I'm not in the right turn lane but in a freakin' parking spot! Yup friends, I pulled right into a parking spot...the thing is... here lines on the road are kind of optional and half the time you don't know what lane you're in, or parking spot in this case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that picture too. I'm going to start a blog too - I just have to design it so Andy can put it together for me. Miss you!