Friday, August 19, 2005

Spring Bring the Rain, With Winter comes Pain, Every Season has its End


A nice line from a song in the movie Broken Flowers which we saw tonight. It was a good movie...but as Alex said it didn't end. There was no nice tidy summary or closure but it was a good movie. After the movie was even more interesting. We were waiting for the bus and the homeless guy who was on the bus with me me last night walked up to this guy who sitting next to us. ( I know he's homeless because he told the bus driver he was last night). So anyway...the guy didn't have the time and the homeless guy with the "rust" stained pants seemed irritated. He walked on and a few feet later I see him spit, yes SPIT, on this other guy in front of him and ask him the time. So I believe the new way to get someone's attention is to spit on them. We were mortified, grossed out, disgusted and the safety geek in me was thinking....blood borne pathogens, blood borne pathogens, body fluid, body fluid, ALERT! ALERT! Well we asked the guy sitting next to us if he wanted to share a cab because we didn't want to ride on the bus with Senor Spitter. Turns out he's from Naples and is doing post doc work here until October. The picture for today is from the tiny place where I get wraps for lunch. He is from Senegal and makes a mean black bean wrap. They are so cheery all the time and it's amazing to watch them work together. She calls out the orders and he whips up the wraps with blazing speed. I've never seen them make a mistake and the people stream in there for lunch.

No comments: