Friday, August 05, 2005

TGIF

It's Friday...the promise of the weekend...the anxiety of what to do so you don't waste it looms. No misadventures on the bus or in the car to report today. I'm going to miss the Mascoutah "Homecoming und August Fest" this year. It's always the first weekend of August and it's basically our town's fair, aka, a reason to drink beer by the bucketfuls. I remember when I was a little girl a piss drunk woman dumped her bucket o' beer on me near the bathroom. Nice. It's usually 900 degrees with 1000% humidity and the porta potties are ripe...so you can see how it all fits together nicely...heat,humidity,beer,potty, a vicious cycle. Lee, if you go have a bucket for me! So I got the premiere of this new show on FX called Starved. Very interesting...a dark comedy with poignant bits of humanity. It's not for everyone, but I liked it. Alex took today's picture (he's actually taken them all...thank you Alex) during one of his trips to Boston. It's the pond in the Public Garden where the Swan Boats are. I was a tourist and took a swan boat ride. http://www.swanboats.com/ Also in the Garden is the statue of the mallards from the book "Make Way for Ducklings". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_Way_for_Ducklings

No comments: