Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thank god I'm not the only one...

My Sharpie/Highlighter Rampage

I love my job, where I work, who I work with...I love the free coffee and soft drinks, the bagel/jeans Fridays, and the free lunches we get on a monthly basis during our all hands meetings. But I HATE the tool(s) that leave the coffee pot ON after they take the last cup and then leave it on the burner EMPTY. It drives me outta my mind.
In the last few weeks there have been several instances where this has happened. It's dangerous, it smells awful, and it ruins the taste of the coffee for awhile no matter how many times you wash out the pot - that is if the coffee hasn't burnt permanently to the bottom of the pot and you have to trash it.

Yesterday I went into the break room and there it was again - burnt friggin coffee - someone was too lazy to turn it off or make more or whatever - and it was there burning, smelling, making me crazy.
So I took a highlighter and a marker and I made arrows and highlights all over the sign (see pic) that is currently posted on the coffee maker that basically says 'hey if you take the last cup fill it up or turn it off'. I don't know if people can't read, if they don't care, if they are just beyond lazy or what - but COME ON! How hard is it? We have a sign for you!
This morning I found out our HR director is driven over the cliff by this as well. I can't tell you how good it felt to talk with someone else who is driven nuts by the little things in life. It makes me feel normal/sane/good to know that someone else feels the same intense irrational need to write in big letters on the wall "HEY F*CK STICK - THIS SIGN HERE ON THE COFFEE POT - THE ONE I KNOW YOU SEE - IT'S FOR YOU!!! AND UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO BASH THE COFFEE POT OVER YOUR HEAD YOU WILL START TURNING IT OFF OR MAKING MORE COFFEE - AND IF I FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE YOU HAD BETTER START RUNNING!!"


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel you - only on our floor, it's people leaving scummy, half-rinsed coffee cups and cereal bowls in the sink.

And while I've never been tempted to ram a shopping cart, I do often fantasize about popping someone in the noggin with a baseball bat.

I suspect this is normal. I hope it's normal.

Anonymous said...

Natae,

Here is the PERFECT website for you and the HR director:
http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/

Hilarious! Enjoy!

MichBoston

Unknown said...

Oh JC - am I passive aggressive? I guess I am...I get it from my mom (love ya mom). The website is hillarious - thanks Mich!! Miss ya!