Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Listy list

  1. Tori Spelling are you sure you should be saying no to the 90210 gig? 20k an episode is better than $0 and your momma may decide she doesn't like you again and you might end up poor like the rest of us.
  2. RIP Isaac and Bernie.
  3. Argh!! to you Olympic women volleyball players - with your long legs and your perfect butts and washboard stomachs. I can't wait for the Olympics to be over so I don't have to look at pictures of them anymore. (p.s. I was a score keeper for our volleyball team in Jr. High - I was super cool). (p.s.s. writing that sentence made me laugh out loud remembering the chubby, bespectacled, wish my hair feathered, awkward days of Jr. High). My brother asked me one time a few years ago how I never killed myself as a result of the teasing and torment I faced growing up a fat kid. It was actually pretty funny the way he said it, still makes me laugh. Now back to the list...
  4. I've been off the 'meds' for a month and sadly when faced with a traffic jam at the grocery store in front of the meat aisle yesterday (and the produce cooler) I was just an impulse away from taking my cart and repeatedly ramming it into the cart of the lady (and the lady herself) who somehow kept finding me in the store just so she could be in my way and try my patience. Dear God, if this is a test I'm going to fail if I haven't failed already. I don't know how to change it- age has made it worse, therapy didn't work.

3 comments:

Sarah: said...

Ah, I so love when you get pissy at someone b/c it always makes for a good story - sorry, know that isn't very helpful.

The yogic/Budd-ish/armchair psychologist person in me wonders what you are so angry about in yourself. Do your imperfections make you as angry as the ones you see in others? I think the things that piss me off the most in other people are usually things in me that I am either aware of and in denial or don't realize a'tall.

Just thoughts.
S

Unknown said...

Someone once told me the same thing - the things we don't like in other people are what we don't like in ourselves. I've tried to see it but I really do think I get out of the way at the grocery store ;) I'm sure there is something behind it all but I have yet to figure it out. Probably be better for someone else to see it and point it out to me - that's how self aware I am :) The most I've ever gotten is from a therapist who deduced that it causes me anxiety b/c I perceive I have to be somewhere or get something done and when I have to wait or people are in my way it leads to anxiety which leads to frustration/anger. He told me to go out practice being in public places and trying to be calm.

Anonymous said...

You need to just ram the %^$@ out that lady and be on your way. Hey, do what I do now: Just bump into her, look at her with a big surprised face, and say, "sorry, I don't speak your language!" Works every time. XOK