Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gone Country 2


B and I caught the first episode of the new season of Gone Country 2 last night (killing time until the Closer and Saving Grace). For those of you that don't know, Gone Country is a reality show starring John/Jon Rich of Big n Rich fame and a bunch of B Lister's or semi-has been stars who want a shot at country music stardom. John Rich will produce a record/song for the winner.


Anyway...this season's cast includes Irene Cara, Lorenza Lamos, Chris from N'Sync, Sean Young, Mikala Gordon, and Sebastian Bach oh and Jermaine (Dynamite [still love that song]) Jackson...and maybe others but that's good enough for the point of this pointless blog.


So we are watching and I'm quite fascinated honestly and I think I'll watch again...but I'm basically running commentary on all the 'stars' and I'm especially hitting Seb Bach pretty hard b/c he's fallen so far away from the barely 20 year old beautiful angel boy that he was in his Skid Row days.


Remember his long shiny hair? Remember his delicate features, the golden skin, the trim, lean figure he was in those snakeskin leather pants? Now he's just a yellow skinned, puffy faced, baggy eyed, frizzy haired almost has been. And it makes me sad.


As sad as it made me though I had no problem wailing on him, dissing him, criticizing him for letting himself go...until...until he started singing "Remember Yesterday" in all his howling screaming 80's hair rock glory....then I threw my panties at the TV, lit my lighter and put my hands up in the air and swayed back and forth with the rest of the crowd in my living room.


And by rest of the crowd - I mean me, just me. But I will say B was singing along and we were both doing our own renditions of the song all night long and waxed nostalgic about what a great song it was/is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was beautiful and has one of the best voices in the game, as far as I'm concerned. Immensely talented. I think he let himself go when he got screwed out of Skid Row (see VH1 reality show SuperGroup when he confronts Doc about how they omitted him from Skid Row patenting/trademarking, thus leaving him with little revenue from the magic that his voice brought to that band). *Sigh* I love 80's/90's hairmetal and I don't apologize for it!!!! You may have been physically alone while enjoying Sebastian's performance but I was there in spirit!!!

MichBoston

Unknown said...

I knew I could count on you for relating and also having some wonderful pop culture tidbits :)