Thursday, August 28, 2008

Stick it up your bumper

On the way to work today I saw a bumper sticker on the back of some guy's (a-hole's) truck that said something like "If you think it's OK to abort babies but don't support the death penalty you must be a LIBERAL".

This offensive piece of 'christian' propaganda was accompanied by a McCain bumper sticker and a Jesus bumper sticker (each just had the name - McCain - Jesus). The enlightened one wanted to be sure to let everyone know he was a Jesus Man by God - just in case there were any doubts left by the abortion/electric chair sticker.

Fine - I'm fine with the McCain sticker and whatever about Jesus - I still maintain he doesn't want the advertisement (says so in the Bible to pray and do so in private b/c God can see everything you know and he doesn't need a publicist or campaign manager).

I digress...

So for whatever reason or impulse I rolled down my window and said "Maybe you should look up the word liberal". He smiles his cocky smile that makes me want to cold cock him. And I give him a big thumbs up and drive away.

What I really really really wanted to say though was "I believe in killing babies AND murderers - what does that make me?" But I didn't...and that's not really what I believe.

But it did get me to thinking - what does it say about me that I'm pro-choice and pro-death penalty...and what does it say about the other side - the pro-'lifers' who are also pro-death penalty...perhaps that I'm consistent?

No comments: