Monday, November 05, 2007

Whoopee/Boo


You skinny bitches have finally motivated me to get off of my ever growing fat ass. I'm signing up to join the YMCA today. It's reasonably priced and 2 min from the house. It's also open at 5 am which is awesome and low pressure with the sign up process. I HATE gyms (the Boo in the title) but I need to do something healthy and I'm glad I made up my mind today to do it (the Whoopee in the title).


I doubt there will be status updates on here but you never know - I may have some funny gym stories to share. Come to think of it just about every time I have tried to work out something awful/funny happens.
I have on several occasions barfed my brains out after running/kickboxing so who knows what might happen :)
One time a few years ago I tried to do the Body for Life program. I was FIRED UP! I bought a weight set, gloves, stop watch, the whole nine yards - set it all up in my basement and kicked my own ass so hard the first workout that I thought I was going to have to crawl up the stairs. Not kidding - really could barely walk. I also had several people at work ask me for a week after the ass-kicking if I'd been a car wreck b/c I was walking around so stiff and slow. I just shamefully mumbled "no, I just worked out too hard" and shuffled on my way. I also wasn't able to sit down it hurt so bad - I would just fall into/onto chairs, couches, toilets and each time I landed I would land with a "UGH". Only a tad embarrassing.
There was also the time I joined a gym in Boston - against my better judgement knowing how I am with gyms - but whatever I joined it - and ended up not following through with it and I was such the procrastinator that it literally took me months to send in the paperwork to get out of the contract. I don't know how well this all bodes for my latest try to actually go to the gym if I'm too lazy to even fax over the lousy paperwork to get out of the contract...
BUT...I'm going to try and have a positive attitude (which could prove difficult without medication) and try and look forward to my morning stint on the treadmill and whatever classes I can make myself attend. I'm also going to try and overcome my extreme gym shyness and shake my money maker like nobody is watching and hopefully a slimmer/more toned shape will emerge.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gym shyness?? Whatever...you're hot.