Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Captain Duh's

Jared and I went to Captain D's tonight to get him dinner. The meal he ordered came with two hush puppies and he ordered a side of hush puppies as well (to share with me). Four hush puppies come as a side, so we're talking six hush puppies.

When his order was up the cashier opened the box and showed me the food to verify and I saw there were four hush puppies. Convo as follows:
Me: doesn't the meal come with two HP?
C: Yes
Me: and the side has 4 HP?
C: Yes
Me: there are only 4 HP here
C: Yes
Me: 2 + 4 = 6
C: Yes
Me: .....then there should be 6 HP here......

She finally turns and confirms with the cook that we do indeed get six HP's and then gives us the two extra pups we ordered.

Poor thing - I realize it can't be fun to work all day at a fast food place and dealing with the public sucks but come on - give me a little somethin'.


And now to make fun of myself a little bit - When I started writing this post I thought of the title and turned to Jared and said "Captain Duhs". He started laughing at me and said "you just gave me a look like 'I'm witty aren't I?' And he's right I did - but it wasn't really a question - it was a statement ; )

Time for Bowling!

No comments: