Thursday, November 15, 2007

Righteous Dude

So I may or may not have emailed my favorite minister guy - the one I have never met but like to harass, er talk to, via phone and now email, when I feel especially hateful and angry and a little lost. And he may or may not have written back to me the following in response to my telling him how angry I was and how much hatred I felt towards someone and what the heck do I do with all of it:

"There is such a thing as righteous anger, but few of us ever leave it at that– we almost always mix our righteous anger with our own baggage and we wind up being in the wrong as well."

I like it. And he's right. I do feel my anger is righteous b/c M-WIT is a hate machine but also I'm letting my own baggage mix in too and that could turn me into an angry bitter person and I'm just not going to give her the satisfaction. He wrote other stuff but I'm not sharing :)

I do however still wish I had that super power...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like this guy more and more everyday! I'm gonna have to find my own personal internet based modern religous expert!