Monday, November 19, 2007

Chocolate cake - I love you - I hate you



It's really hard to be on a 'diet' when your office mates bring in chocolate cake, pumpkin rolls, cookies, truffles, breads, and whatever else fattening bad for you make your thighs big things they bring in.

I do put effort into resisting - I really do - but there are some days, Monday - Friday usually, when it's hard to resist. Just let me be a fat kid and eat chocolate cake!

The funny, or sad part (or maybe it's that irony thing again) is that as I'm writing this I'm finishing up a piece of chocolate cake. And you know what? It's GOOD! I probably didn't do enough on the treadmill this morning to counteract the calories but it sure does taste good. And since I no longer have any credit cards with which to buy instant gratification I'll just go ahead and eat the free fat food at the office and get my instant grat that way.

I'll try again tomorrow - every day I fight my battle to say yes to veggies and no to cake...soldier on fat kid, soldier on.

No comments: