Saturday, May 05, 2007

My first Saturday in Nashville

We've pretty much been going non-stop since last Friday ~ it's not been bad though. We spent a few days with my parents ~ had dinner with Bugg's parents last night. They are the sweetest people and so nice. Because they are so nice I inevitably put my foot in my mouth about a hundred times during dinner. At least I thought I did. I felt like a recently released female inmate that was dropped off at charm school upon release ~ crude and rude ;)

Today I have had the whole day to do whatever... My first stop was the tanning salon ~ Southerners know how to tan my friends~ as soon as I get my camera software loaded I'll show the high tech, ergonomically friendly tanning bed I tanned in today. Incredible and designed to give you an even tan. I did some napping, bought a mattress and cleaned up a bit.


I got a super deal on the mattress and the guy that sold it to me told me the best quote ~ I'd heard it before but I had forgotten. Regarding southern women he said the following "Love your ~ hate your guts" :) I'm not saying it's true but it's funny. In Mass I imagine it would read something like "Go *&% yaself". One of my other favorite quotes - "The bigger the hair the closer to God" . Yes I'm being stereotypical but that's where the humor lies.

I've actually already had one person tell me they are going to pray for me b/c apparently I'm going to need it, according to them. She happens to be the meanest woman in TN so I'm not sure how good she's in w/ God or how much she'll actually be praying for me but whatever helps her sleep at night. FYI - she does not have big hair either so I'm even more skeptical about the power of her prayers.


Remember - sarcasm and humor are two of the best friends a person can have.

No comments: