Monday, May 07, 2007

Dealing well...


not so much. today was my first day at the new job. it went fine. everyone was nice. they gave me a coffee mug, chocolate, and a gift card to starbucks as a welcome. nice. i'm not in a happy mood tonight which isn't going to make for a very interesting post but it will make for a good reminder later on when things are better and i'll look back/laugh and think how freakin dramatic i was. i'm a drama queen by nature i know this ~ i'm also a crybaby ~ i'm giving myself a week or so of being as much of a crybaby as i want to be b/c i can...it's an adjustment period after all. after that i will dry up the water works and get on with it. i'm actually very happy to be here - i love being closer to bugg (part of the reason i'm such a crybaby is b/c i got to spend 9 days with him and then he had to go back to KY and i miss him) i like being closer to the family and friends but it's still an adjustment. it's not just missing the boston thing it's adjusting to living alone. blah blah - pity; party of 1 your table is now ready :p

3 comments:

georgiegirl said...

it'll get better, I know it will. And you are NOT a drama queen. Good lordy, woman, you've just re-arranged your entire life and now you're living with the fall out of that. You're still surrounded by tons of people who love you, they're just surrounding you from a little farther away is all.

I love your description of souther peeps. Keep it coming! I can't wait to hear about all the new people who will be showing up here some time soon!

Unknown said...

I'm coming to see you, pick a weekend, ASAP!

Unknown said...

Love ya girls - thanks! I'm better today...I got a pedicure and ate a bunch of chocolate :)