Thursday, May 31, 2007

Doctor's visit



I had a doctor appointment today for a couple of reasons 1. to establish myself with a new doc here 2. having some anxiety issues 3. prescription services

I walk in and notice the place is called a Medical Spa (remember they also have Dental spas here) and I'm thinking hmm....I also find out the doctor is supposedly into holistic healing - which could be an ok thing and then I notice among all of the health, prevention, parenting magazines throughout the waiting room and in the exam room there are bibles. Big bibles and small bibles. Still reserving judgement - waiting to see what the doctor is like. She comes in and immediately invades my personal space - she's a close talker and frankly it stressed me out. Then she proceeds to basically advise me not to date men with children and that I need to get on the road to happy and evidently she doesn't date men with children and that's the road to happy?!!? (I am NOT making this up). Then after telling me that I'm suffering from anxiety (really? i had no idea.) and that I needed to adjust to my new surroundings and my new job and it would probably take 6 months. She asked me what my 'triggers' were and she kept asking and asking as she got closer and closer to my face. I'm literally in the seated fetal position (legs curled up, leaning as far away from her as I can with my arms up to my chest) when I tell her "This right here - this is one of my triggers" She then decides to prescribe me some Xanax (the only good thing to come out of the visit) and closes the session quoting scripture to me - the Lord is my Shepard to be exact. I ran from the office and called Bugg and my mom so I could vent, decompress and de-stress from the most stressful doctor's visit I've ever had. I'll be finding a new doctor ASAP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i get an amen!

Smart@#$

Unknown said...

Amen! And I got a new doctor :)