Sunday, July 31, 2005

Driving to the Deli


























Today we had lunch at Rubin's Deli in Brookline. It's an overcast day so the deli atmosphere and the food were perfect - warm and cozy. We had chicken noodle soup with matzo balls, potato pancakes (latkes), and potato knishes. We didn't get very far with the potato items because we filled up on the soup and matzo balls first.


I found something very useful on the MBTA (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority) website. They have a trip planner feature which allows you to put in your start and end points and it tells you what trains, subs, buses, or ferries to take. I've plotted out my route to work and I'm hoping it will actually work like it says it's going to. Given the fun we've had with the directions from mapquest and google maps I'll consider myself lucky to make it to work by noon!
700 HURON AVE, CAMBRIDGE to 65 LANDSDOWNE ST, CAMBRIDGE
Subway IconSubway Express Bus IconExpress Bus Ferry/Commuter Boat IconFerry/Commuter Boat Bus IconBus Commuter Rail IconCommuter Rail Silver Line IconSilver Line

Itinerary #1
Walk NW from 700 HURON AVE to
Depart 700 HURON AVE At 07:55 AM

Route Bus Icon 75 HARVARD STA 700 HURON AVE At 07:55 AM Map and Schedule PDF Schedule
Arrive HARVARD LOWER BUSWAY & RED LINE At 08:10 AM


Walk SE (walking directions)
Depart MASSACHUSETTS AVE & HOLYOKE ST - HOLYOKE At 08:29 AM

Route Bus Icon 1 DUDLEY STA MASS AVE At 08:29 AM Map and Schedule PDF Schedule
Arrive MASSACHUSETTS AVE & SIDNEY ST At 08:39 AM


Walk 0.26 mile S to 65 LANDSDOWNE ST (walking directions)

Regular Fare Senior/Disabled Fare Monthly Pass Total Trip Time
$ 0.90 $ 0.25 Bus - $ 31.00 44 mins.

To Purchase an MBTA Pass online, see Buying Passes Online.

Bus to Bus transfers are issued free upon request when boarding. See Transfer Details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't read your blog in chronological order, so I saw the pic of your new haircut before I read about it. I love it! It's so chic and mod!

Marc said...

I like Rubin's, but it has gotten so expensive. If only Boston had a top notch deli like the Carnegie in New York...maybe some day...