Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The wait is over




On Monday I was offered a job with EH&E. I will be managing a safety program for a group of researchers. I'm happy and excited to start work next Monday. I think it will be a great opportunity and even though the company is small I believe it will be a good place to work. It's funny that I ended up with them...back in April when Alex and I came Boston for his orientation, I went to the T-Mobile sales office in Newton to see if there would be a spot for me if I was able to transfer. T-Mobile shares the space EH&E. I happened to notice the office as I was leaving TMO. I made a mental note and when we got back home I tried to find info on the company. It was hard because I couldn't remember if it was EH&H, EE&H or what...I finally found the website and on May 3rd I sent my resume to the black hole that is the HR department. I didn't hear a peep from them until the week before we were to leave for Boston...so I pretty much had given up on the idea of a job there. When I sent my resume to them in May there weren't any openings (I found this out during my interview) and the timing just happened to be right in July. So I'm happy it worked out.


No comments: