Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Excuse me...I'm lost

I had forgotten all about this until my mom reminded me today. She could barely get the story out she was laughing so hard. So anyway...this whole thing has been a bit stressful and it caught up with me recently. My mom and I were lost and I pulled up to a stoplight and there were two people waiting for the bus...they were blind, a fact I clearly understood because they were both holding canes but which didn't seem to register in my frantic need to find my way because I asked them for directions.... by gesturing. "Can I get to blah blah by going this way" (hand gesturing wildly back and forth). Of course they tried to help but since it didn't register with me that they couldn't see what my hands were doing I just kept gesturing until the light changed to green. We went on and eventually found our way.

I think what's even sadder is the fact that the stupidity of what I did didn't register with my mom or me until two days later.

No comments: