Thursday, July 28, 2005

We have to climb how many flights of stairs?



So Alex and I went out last night for a short drive about 10:30. I wanted to show him the newly found post office I spotted that afternoon. We weren't gone very long and when we came back we saw two fire trucks in front of our building. Earlier today there was a power surge in the building....this appeared to be the real deal. The power was out. We couldn't get our car in the garage and had to park on the street. Not a big deal other than the fact that on the street parking overnight requires a permit we don't have. The bigger issue was getting back to the apartment. The only way up to our apartment was to walk up the stairs to the 20th floor. So we set out to conquer the stairs. Fortunately the flights were short and while I can't say I sprinted up them, it wasn't as bad as I had imagined it would be. The power finally came back on about 3 am and Alex went downstairs, via the elevator, and put our car back in the garage. No ticket either; bonus! I'm posting some of the shots Alex took of Boston and Cambridge while our power was out.

No comments: