Friday, June 15, 2007

Ballard County Fair


Bugg invited me to go to the Ballard County Fair (KY) next weekend. http://www.ballardcountyfair.com/

He may have to go for work and hang out next to the Kubota tractors but there's the promise of, and I quote, "Watch the truck and tractor pull and make fun of the Rednecks".

He had me at Truck Pull ;)

In all seriousness I've never been to a tractor/truck pull even though they have them every year at the Mascoutah Homecoming und August Fest, so it could prove to be a lot fun. And who am I kidding - hanging out with Bugg is always fun (cheesy but true), and drinking a few buckets of beer, counting the mullets in the crowd, and using the porta potties is pretty much right up my alley.

I'll give you an update next weekend if we go :)

4 comments:

georgiegirl said...

you had me at tractor pull. he he.

Did you know that you've posted more half way through 2007 than you did for all of 2006? Just thought you might be interested in knowing that.

Unknown said...

hmmm...perhaps I need to get a hobby of some sort. :)

Anonymous said...

Truck pulls are actually very fun events to watch. When I was a teenager and lived in New Hampshire, I had Belgian horses and attended alot of county fairs. Horse pulls at in the morning followed by truck pulls in the afternoon. Beautiful horses and loud machinery - can't beat it! Have a great time!

Michelle Y

Unknown said...

I'm sure it'll be fun :) Thanks for the info - I'll let you know!