Monday, July 14, 2008

Who knew

My dog is a bed wetter.

I had suspected something was up - I had been noticing her bedding would sometimes be wet even though she is walked during the day and when she has to pee when she's in her cage she lets me know so I wasn't quite sure what was going on until tonight...

She was laying in my lap, sleeping (something she rarely does as she's always running around being a puppy) when I felt something wet...then realized she was peeing on me. Totally asleep, she had no idea what she was doing. Gross I know but it is cause for concern - I can't have a dog that randomly pees while she's sleeping, maybe there's something wrong with her, etc.

So of course I googled 'my dog pees in her sleep' and there was a ton of info. Who knew? I love Google. I'll get her checked by the vet but it looks like it can be taken care of with meds.

1 comment:

Sarah: said...

In amongst the grossness of being peed on, that's kinda sweet. She's just like a little toddler.