Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Cock of the Walk


I’m not a man basher or a poor me (womankind) type who feels like I’m always being looked over for promotions and jobs because I have boobs and a vag instead of a wiener to diddle.


However here lately I’ve noticed some very MANLY behavior that has made me stop, scratch my vag and say hmm…



  1. At the car dealer this weekend the finance guy kept going on about his Harley, his tractors, his horses, his farms, his trucks, and how much it all cost. Of course he was talking mostly to Bugg and doing it in such a way that it made me feel insignificant. He also went on to talk about how he's on his 4th wife and of course the others were bossy and had to have things their way. Sure buddy - whatever you say. His 4th wife though is great b/c she'll get "right in there and work on the farm". I'm sure she also brings him a beer and makes his dinner and clips his toenails and whatever else the little pecker wants.

  2. I was walking through the office the other day and saw one of the managers with both feet up on his desk, kicked back in his chair, talking loudly on the phone - making deals, negotiating, wheeling and dealing, bullshitting his way to seal the deal. It was all very aggressive and typical. I really like the guy but he epitomizes the 'guys guy' in the 'good ol boys club'.

It got me to thinking - what if I (and the other girls in the office - or any office) tried those manly moves.


What if we used our bodies to take up as much space as possible; feet spread wide when standing or arms behind our head to show off our broad, in control shoulders (and boobs) with our feet are firmly planted on the desk while we lean back in a chair (so cliche but yet so real life).

What if we went around back slapping and crotch grabbing our way to victory and domination.

What if we cursed and smoked and drank and went to titty bars and golf courses in the name of business.

It might be fun - except for the golfing. But I think also a tad ridiculous - all that manly BS is a tad ridiculous.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to work at a company where my bosses would routinely meet clients on the golf course and or take them to $200 lunches or out to a Pats/Celts/Sox game on company dime then claim that it wasn't a fun day for them, it was only business. Um, ok. Then, when the admins wanted to have a monthly meeting to discuss procedures in the office we were informed that the company did not feel that providing lunch was justified and that we'd have to brown bag it. How does that work again? The peons who do the work don't get any perks and those who make $100-$300k/yr every one?

My current workplace is similar in a less severe way. I routinely go out and get lunch for my bosses when they are stuck on conference calls or in meetings. Since the company won't allow corporate credit cards, I often have to put it on my personal card and expense it. This doesn't bother me though and my bosses are very nice but what grates on me is that whenever they go out for lunch they absolutely never ask me if they can pick me up anything while they're there. Even if I say no, it's still polite to at least extend the offer, right?

-MichBoston