Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I ain't Dwayne Wayne but here's what's happenin' (Kid Rock)


Barb, Cade and VB

Had a busy weekend. VB3 and me took a road trip to Mascoutah to celebrate a birthday, graduation, and baby to be.

My brother turned 25 on Sunday, my friend Erin had a beautiful baby shower, and my cousin Clay graduated from High School.

I went back to Louisville for Clay's graduation - first time I've been back in a few years. The farm where my grandpa and mom/uncle grew up has slowly been eaten away over the years as the corn field has taken over what used to be the yard. Now there is only one tree still standing and the smokehouse. Where there used to be a homestead with a barn, trees, a big white house, smokehouse, outhouse, and a few other out buildings there is now a lone tree and the smokehouse in the middle of the field.

Jewels surprised Jared on Saturday night with a party at a local sports bar and I got to hang around a bunch of 20 somethings which made me feel glad not to be 20 something anymore :) Young and dumb and having fun but still glad I'm not there anymore. It was fun though...and most importantly Jared had a great time. Happy Birthday to Snooky too!

The Circuit City Twins. The shorter guy likes to go to parties and drink beer without a shirt on according to Jared and Jewels.


VB3 did a great in the car - she slept most of the way; sometimes in my lap.


No comments: