Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Great way to start a Wed




I love breakfast time - not so much b/c of the food but b/c of the ritual. I like to come in to work early before everyone gets here and start the coffee, cook my oatmeal or bagel or toast, and enjoy breakfast while I read emails, check bank statements, or do blog type things.




This morning I decided to have toast with peanut butter and honey - one of my favs - and a nice cold diet coke, instead of my usual oatmeal and coffee.


My toast is toasted, the peanut butter and honey spread, my glass is full of ice - ready for the diet coke. It's such a treat, this diet coke. I used to drink diet coke every morning but I long ago switched to coffee; now and then though I love to have a cold bubbly diet coke - especially with peanut butter toast. I crack open the can of diet coke and start to pour it...it sounds different...something is not right but what...is...it...



I slowly realize that I am pouring my diet coke into the jar of peanut butter and not the glass of ice. Sadly about half a can of diet coke lost in the peanut butter before I realize what I'm doing.



Brilliant really.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So...I always thought peanut butter and honey was a stoner's delight...and after your actions i'm wondering if i'm still right? the tragedy of it all!