Friday, October 26, 2007

I'm so hip and trendy I can hardly stand myself


Background info:


  1. I took the Real Age test yesterday and it said my real age was 43. I almost died and decided I need to get with the program and start eating better, exercising, taking vitamins, and all that sort of crap I hate so that I can be as young on the inside as I look on the outside. Not vain or arrogant here folks - just honest. ;)

  2. I have been looking for an actual hair style my whole life. Something other than poofy, puffy, flat, sorta curly, blah crap blah. I would never consider my hair a style and it frustrates me.

  3. I'm approaching 35 and when we went to the 80's party a few weekends ago I realized just how young the 20 somethings are and just how close to 35 I am. (not that I'm complaining b/c I like my age and where I'm at in life but really I'm not 21 anymore - no where close.)

So add these things up and maybe I have days where my age and lack of hip youthful style eat at me a teeny tiny bit. So what do I do to counteract that?


Tuesday I colored my hair (there's been a rash of friends coloring their hair and I wanted in on the action - but the main reason I colored was b/c I had roots showing that were an inch long and I had gray hairs eating up the rest of the color. So I colored my hair a nice dark brown and I like it.


Thursday I got my hair cut - short again - and I like it too. Hoping the stylist was right that bringing it up will lift my face up (an illusion yes) and not focus on the chubbiest part of my chubby face.


But the best part - aside from all the nice folks I work with noticing the hair changes - was what happened this morning in the bathroom. This cute lil 20 something I work with came into the bathroom as I was walking out and she said "Hey Natae, your hair always looks so cute and stylish".


I almost fell over b/c I have never been accused of having stylish hair. I have hair and it sits on my head - end of story. And to have a trendy cute 20 something tell me that made me feel like a rock star - I'm not gonna lie.


I replied back to her in a high pitched excited fast voice, "Oh my god I love YOUR hair with it's zig zag part and I've been wanting to tell you but didn't want to seem like a freak" Too late for that I'm sure.


Back to being a Rock Star.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love you, your blog cracks me up. And I sooo feel your pain. Working with the 19-21 year old crowd every day makes me feel the 30's even more. . .hooray for hair dye, bring it on!

Sarah