Monday, February 05, 2007

"Sunny" Florida











Just got back from a quick trip to Florida to see the parents and spend some time with Bugg. It was nice and sunny for the first 24 hours - we got to eat lunch outside on the Bay and I got to sport flip flops and my new pedicure for a few days. Steve and Dad were able to fish but it was mostly in the rain - sometimes torrential downpours (fishermen are crazy). Steve caught a snapping turtle. Not exactly a trophy bass but something to talk about. :-) It did stop raining long enough so that we could cruise around in the golf cart - my favorite thing to do when I'm visiting. I can't tell you how relaxing it is to wheel around in that thing. I'm sure it sounds a bit crazy but I love it. While it was rainy and overcast most of the time it was cozy and warm in the house and my mom was channeling Martha Stewart and Paula Dean with all the fabulous cooking! On Saturday we went to Highlands Hammock State Park. It's a really cool place that looks prehistoric - honestly there is an eerie feeling that a dinosaur could walk out at any minute. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highlands_Hammock_State_Park
We celebrated Steve and my dad's birthdays complete with cakes and candles. And had fresh strawberries, freshly squeezed orange juice and my favorite: homegrown tomatoes. The only bad thing was that the trip went by way too fast!

2 comments:

Darkhelmet said...

Well, I know why you enjoy the golf cart... it's not much different than the Mini, but without doors... :)))

Looks like you had a great weekend. Glad to hear it.

Unknown said...

I guess that's true - never thought of it like that. :-)