Monday, February 12, 2007

My own private hell


I got my car washed on Saturday. It's always a challenge for me because the automatic drive through car washes flip me out. (I think I might have written about this before ).


Anyway - I drive up to the car wash and the attendant is trying to guide me onto the track that will automatically take my car through the wash. I HATE trying to get my car on that stupid track - I start to sweat, I forget how to use the clutch, I do a lot of hand waving, a lot of reversing and pulling forward trying to get it straight so I don't rub my tires or get stuck (which has happened in the past) I beg the attendant to do it for me...but he just keeps motioning me on. I feel the *clunk/settle* as I hit the right spot (which is a relief) but then have to wrestle with myself to put the car in neutral and let go of the brake. I know in my head nothing bad is going to happen but it's really really hard for me to put it in neutral and let my foot off that brake - really hard. Then I stress when I get to the end - is it too early to put the car back in gear? Have I cleared the track? Are the attendants on this end going to wipe it down? Do I tip them? Do I tip the guy at the beginning? Did it really do an undercarriage wash?


Prozac, Xanax anyone?


6 comments:

Darkhelmet said...

LOL!

Hard to let go of control, huh?? That's why I can't ride roller coasters...

I would've thought a big city like Boston would have a little light at the end of the wash that would lite up and say "GO"... hmmmmm

Oh... and why am I the only one that posts comments?? Why don't your gal pals ever comment??

Unknown said...

perhaps you are the only one that reads it :) and no - there are no lights at the end. i would still hate it even if there were lights.

Darkhelmet said...

No, I doubt I'm the only one reading them.
I don't doubt taht you'd still hate it, but at least you'd know when it's OK to go.

Anonymous said...

Michelle & I are usually laughing too hysterically to be able to type any comments! :)
I'm still recovering from your Fonzie post! :)
Car washes ARE scary! You drive a clutch??? That's just crazy scary!!!
Hope the weather isn't all crappy for you,
Your loyal reader,
Michelle's sweet genius of a sister (me, Lisa)

Unknown said...

Hey Lisa - nice to hear from you!! Did you get hit with a lot of snow? I saw on the news where Indy did. Thanks for reading! :-) Tell Michelle hi!!

Darkhelmet said...

Weird....
I KNOW I posted here, and yet it don't show up... You erase it Nat??