Wednesday, January 11, 2006

You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose...

Been awhile since I had a bus story...the gods were smiling on me today though. I witnessed a kid...about 19 I guess....sitting across the aisle from me. I was fortunate enough to look his way as he was diggin for gold in this right nostril. He stuck gold and again fortune was smiling on me as I witnessed the boogie on his finger and then watched as he hurled it into outer bus space. I didn't see where it landed but I was extremely pleased that the trajectory of the nose gold was not in my direction.

Right before that I witnessed a new kind of begging/scheming. A woman was trying to convince the bus driver to let her get on even though she had an expired pass and no money. The driver told her to go get some change or get off the bus. A nice guy sitting up front gave her change. Yes you might be thinking there are good people in the world...and yes you would be right...HOWEVER what the woman did next took brass balls. She only put in part of the 90 cents he had given her (you can tell if you put the full amount in by the sound the meter makes). The guy who gave her the money called her on it but she argued with him all the way to the back of the bus (behind me). So for several minutes the driver and change loaner kept on with the comments and she kept telling them not to worry about what she did with the money. Nice manners. Nice.

No comments: