Friday, January 27, 2006

Kick Ass Chicks

Tomorrow morning I'm going roller skating with Em, Amanda, and Jenna. To say I'm excited is an understatement. The three of them are joining a roller derby and they are going to practice skating tomorrow and I get to tag along. No roller derby action tomorrow just skating. I have to say these three girls are amazing which brings me to the fact that I feel so blessed to know so many amazing women! Snooky, Kristin, Dee, Megan, Michelle, and the list goes on. Kick Ass Chicks!!

The skating tomorrow brought up some old memories of skating rinks from years gone by. The most vivid memory I have is going to the rink with my cousin Heidi while we were visiting her family in East Moline, IL. Heidi was an excellent skater and she had a skater boy boyfriend Tom. They were the it couple at the rink...totally awesome. At the end of the night they were couple skating and some boy knocked Heidi and she fell and hit her head. Bad but not the worst of it. She got up...all seemed to be ok...we went home. We went to bed...in the middle of the night she woke me up because she wasn't feeling well. Understatement number 2.

I wake up and notice a wetness on me and the sheets. Turns out she had puked all over the bed and ME. So I'm covered in puke. Nice. They took her to the hospital and my grandma..who was also on the trip with us... came in to sleep with me. I don't remember a whole lot except for the fact that I distinctly remember smelling like puke all night and it was really hard to sleep and I remember feeling like no one really cared much that I had been puked on. Just cared about Heidi and her concussion. Concussion...being puked on...isn't it obvious who deserves the sympathy? :-)

I was telling Kristin about tomorrow's skating adventure and she relayed her own humorous rink romp to me. She was at the rink and the cutest boy in school asked her to skate during the snowball. Now the snowball, I found out tonight, is when they turn off all the lights except for the disco ball ~ aka snowball. So the whole school is watching them snowball and she locked her wheel in his and they borderline flipped...and did in fact succeed in falling in front of the entire school. She said they both just got up without looking at each other and didn't speak to one another for at least a year. The shame...too overwhelming.

Ah young love in the 80's. Heidi and Kristin....tomorrow is for you. I'll try not to fall on my 33 year old ass. No locking wheels, no puking.

Tonight I went over the Emma's to watch some TV. (Thank god Master P finally got voted off Dancing with the Stars! Bless his heart but he wasn't any good) I walked up her stairs into the foyer and knocked on the door. I tried to open it and found it odd that it was locked...it's usually not locked when I go over. I was further surprised when the girl that answered the door wasn't Emma, Jenna, or Amanda. Turns out I had the wrong house! Yup, that's right...wrong house.

Thanks and good night!

No comments: