Thursday, January 26, 2006

Lost my mind and my car

I drove to work a few days ago and parked in the garage. I left the car there until this evening. I went down to the basement level where I left my car and it wasn't there. I looked all over the basement for it...nada...no car. Two other mini's but not mine. I went back up to tell The Colombian that I lost my car...he thought I was joking but sadly no joke. So we go back down to take another look and up one level...still no car. I'm beginning to feel the panic start to creep up...we go up to the garage office where they assured me that there hadn't been any cars towed recently. The girl in the office called someone to help me.

TC continues to look for it while I wait for the garage guy. The garage guy comes screaming up in a golf cart, I hop on and we're off. Down to the basement, and then up, level after level, feeling like I'm on an out of control roller coaster or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...still no car...no word from TC.

According to the garage guy this isn't that unusual of an occurrence..some people who have more than one car actually forget which car they drove to work and end up on the golf cart searching for one car and finally realizing they drove the other car...so I didn't feel quite so stupid...stupid enough though. The whole time I just kept repeating over and over that my car is gone...it's gone..it's gone. I distinctly remember parking in the basement! Shocker ~ I was wrong. I actually parked on the 3rd level?!?!? Feeling stupid but relieved I'm finally reuinited with my car. Is it Friday yet?

No comments: