Friday, January 02, 2009

Step Mom Ramblings

It's not always easy being an instant step-parent or being perceived as the evil step mom even though I'm really not evil; at least not most of the time. But I have my moments where my patience is too limited and my feelings too easily hurt.

But on the flip side there are also some priceless hilarious quotes that come from the mouths of 6 & 8 year olds that keeps things light and makes the little poops endearing and lovable.

Here's a sampling...

"Sometimes I like to eat my papa's nuts" (said in relation to peanuts of course)

"WHOA!!! Those knockers are HUGE!!" (said in a foofy gift shop regarding a set of horse door knockers that were indeed huge)

"Lax on Lax off, Whack on Whack off" (Karate Kid - and they really thought it was lax on, lax off and when it was explained to them wax on, wax off they went off on the whack on whack off tangent and I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing)

"What's a Douche Bag?" (said after hearing me say Douche Bag under my breath (or so I thought) at another driver. yes I'm working on that)

"I wish we could go to Hooters" (a wistful 5 year old voice from the backseat - said while passing a Hooters Billboard - the reason for the wish? Because they have big hooters of course)

"I just like hard things in my mouth ya know, something with meat" (said as a polite and innocent way of trying to avoid eating pasta)

No comments: