Saturday, January 17, 2009

News of the week

Good morning and thank you for joining us. This is Natty B reporting from the #1 News Team. (that was my imaginary news team I used when I was a kid and used to record myself 'reporting the news' on my black cassette player - I rocked).


Anyway - found some interesting stuff in the news and thought I'd share

  1. This has to be the topper - what an amazing miraculous outcome and one hell of a pilot: http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=6664939&page=1
  2. Interesting article - (I'm so excited about Jan 20!) http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/14/AR2009011402791.html
  3. http://www.livescience.com/health/090106-exercise-obesity.html Exercise may not be the key fact in weight control/loss - sound the bells I may have a chance i n hell! Exercise has lots of wonderful other benefits but it may not be as important in losing /controlling weight as originally thought. Still gotta get out there and move your butt....but diet may be more the key when it comes to losing weight.
  4. This is just downright scary - if you've never seen any of the "East This not That" stuff it's pretty eyeopening. http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/20-Worst-Foods-2009/index.php?cm_mmc=Yahoo_Blog-_-ETNT-_-The_20_Worst_Foods_in_America_2009-_-The_20_Worst_Foods
And on a personal note - It's been a hell of week with the MWIT - sorry to be a broken record but it's been bad and long story short despite her best efforts Friday was awesome. Steve had a great birthday and got great gifts from the boys - thoughtful and fun, I got a hug from the little one - it surprised me and then about made me cry, and the cherry on top for me ~ I passed my CSP (Certified Safety Professional) exam on Friday morning!

Weather and sports when we return...

1 comment:

Sarah: said...

So funny! My brother and I did news commentary as well and recorded it onto a little black tape recorder. He was Bryant Gumbel and I was Jane Pauley. Usually we summed up the Olympics in our reporting - but I was always playing the person being interviewed too!