Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Old People

Why do old people think it's ok to cut in line? Do their manners shrivel up just like their skin when they get old?

I've had it happen to me several times - most recently today at the Kroger pharmacy. I could see out the corner of my eye the oldie scooting up closer and closer to me while I was talking with the pharmacist and I knew she was going to make a move.

Then the old bat sprung into action... She patted me on the hand while I was talking with the pharmacist and slid her prescription across the counter in front of me and said she'd pick it up tomorrow and shuffled off into the distance.

As if being old and patting my hand made it ok to cut and interrupt me during my quality time with the pharmacist.

So I ran after her - body slammed her to the floor and taught her some manners. Kidding.

I can't wait to get old so I can have an excuse to be rude.

No comments: