Saturday, September 01, 2007

A Nice Long Weekend

Uh - seriously cute stuff going on here

My favorite shoes
The Arcade - not a very good pic I know


The mom with her beer, the son against the wall and the dad in his GnR shirt

My favorite President - Abe

I ended up not going to Boston this weekend - which of course makes me sad - BUT so far I've had an excellent weekend. I had lunch with Karissa - she grilled pork loin with fennel and bacon and it was sooo good and she cooked red cabbage and made sweet tea with mint from her garden. We finished off lunch with a tiny birthday cake and ice cream - sweet :) Her birthday is Monday...so we got a bit of a head start on the celebration.

Bugg came back from KY this afternoon and we decided to be adventurous and check out downtown Nashvegas. First we went to Art at the Arcade - First Saturday Gallery Crawl. It was FOC (free of charge) and we visited several galleries - it was... interesting. One of my favorite things to do at art galleries is to watch all the uber cool artsy types walk around looking uber cool and artsy. I'm neither of the those things so it's really not my scene and Bugg leaned over and whispered to me at one point "I stick out like a turd in a punch bowl". But it was fun to do something different. www.artatthearcade.com

Then we headed down towards Printer's Alley and stopped by Nashville Nights - a hole in the wall bar that didn't charge a cover - and listened to a girl named Ally sing with the house band. For about an hour we were the only patrons in the place but we did our best to cheer her on. She was actually really good - and sang some Journey and Pat Benatar which pretty much made my night.

A family came in at one point - the dad had on his Guns n Roses t-shirt and jean shorts, the mom had on some other black rock radio station t-shirt and jean shorts (Bugg had to point out that she was actually a she - I thought it was a man when she walked by) and the son also wore a black t-shirt and jean shorts. The mom was shaking her money maker hard core, pounding the Bud Light and singing along like nobody's business, the dad was video taping/taking pictures of Ally the singer and the son (probably not even 21) was standing against the wall looking really uncomfortable as his momma shook her booty in his direction. I was able to get a picture. Good times.

Then Abe Lincoln walked in and for a minute I thought perhaps I had taken an Ambien and was dreaming but alas he was real and I got a picture of that too.

I also snapped a pic of me and Bugg's mugs :) and one of my favorite shoes - which I wore tonight b/c well they just don't get worn enough.

No comments: