Friday, August 17, 2007

ANTS

These are just some of the dead ones

Live ones crawling on the wall

My kitchen has been invaded this past week by ANTS. The bug guy came and sprayed and they seemed to have moved from to the other side of the kitchen - they aren't near any food or water sources anymore - they are just swarming around the cabinets making me friggin sick.

I am distraught - I hate things that swarm. I've already had a few crying episodes tonight - which I know is silly b/c they are ants for frig sake but it's really gross and it creeps me out. My mom and I have been trying to trap them and kill them in various ways and it's not working - so I turned to the internet. Here are a few of my favorite and/or disturbing findings...


  • Squishing them will bring in more ants. When ants die, they emit a "death smell" so others can carry the carcass back to the mound. (this one is disturbing b/c of course I've been squishing them - damn them!)


  • Also, go get some instant grits from the grocery store and put it directly on the mound, maybe a tablespoon or two, and when the queen eats it, it blows up inside of her and makes her explode, killing her and her brood. Keep this up and your any problems will go away. (this one makes me laugh and I imagine that queen bitch blowing up and taking her worker ho's with her)
  • the best thing to do in my books is to sprinkle baby powder (talcum powder) around where they are coming in, and if you want them gone in the longterm, after cleaning your kitchen everyday, spray (or rub) a little peppermint oil ALL over your ant attractive places! this works great and keeps the kitchen smelling fresh and clean all day! good luck de-anting

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nat, you gotta get outta that place. YIKES!!

Unknown said...

Nothing doing - they won't let me out without a 60 day notice and a 1000 bucks. I've decided to write "I hate this place" on every rent check from now on :) Talk to you tomorrow!