Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Jimmy is in the Building

Had an unexpected surprise this morning. As I was walking to the building next door I looked up and there surrounded in a halo of light was Jimmy. I haven't seen Jimmy since the first encounter on the ladder. Jimmy is every bit as angelic when his feet are on the ground as he was on the ladder when I saw him descend from the clouds (aka white ceiling tiles).

He was going into the main building I work in so I had to turn around and go back inside to get another peek at him. And again had to suppress the girlish laughter - it's like a Pavlovian response - see Jimmy - laugh like a little girl. I did manage to make eye contact when I first saw him and actually smile...like a normal human being but I was only able to do this because it hadn't sunken in yet who I was actually looking at...

I wanted to get his picture but I couldn't figure out a way to do it that wouldn't make me seem like a - well - a stalker.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nat,
There;s a fine line between obsession and stalking...
that line is referred to as "a restraining order"

:)


Good story, at least I'm not the only one with a story like that. Just reverse the genders... heheheh
Brian

Anonymous said...

Nattie-
Yeah, this sounds like you. I think it's his name "Jimmy" that brings out the giddiness. Perhaps if you referred to him as "James" it may actually trick your brain into thinking he's past the age of eleven and thus inciting the girlish demeanor.

Joolz

Unknown said...

JOOOLZZZZ!!!
I miss you darlin! I am going to start thinking about him as James. I can tell it's already working!!