Monday, April 06, 2009

Pathological


I'm fascinated and disgusted by the world of the pathological liar. Whether they do it for 'harmless' reasons or deeper darker ones - it still adds up to the same thing for me. Stay away from me, far away.


It's amazing really that they have adapted in such a way that their lies do in fact become the truth - but it's incredible the amount of time and energy they spend keeping things straight - or tyring to keep things straight. But I guess really they don't spend a lot of time on keeping it straight b/c they seem to have no worries at all they will be discovered or called out.


I think that's b/c:


  1. The lies are so small or so grandiose/horrific/sad that no one dares question b/c surely something like that wouldn't be made up.

  2. They are likable - almost over the top with their sincerity and compliments but people buy it.

  3. The person/people they lie to don't compare notes so they can get away with it.

  4. Someone does compare notes or figures it out on their own and feels too awkward to say anything.

I've got your number liar liar pants on fire...watch out.

No comments: