Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Fat Kids r Us

Just because women are "plus size" does not mean that they/we/me specifically are 6 feet freaking tall. While I can shop at the 'normal size' stores; sometimes I can't get the best fit - and so I checked out a plus size boutique today and I'll be damned all of the clothes were too big and too long. Most of the shirts in the store came close to mid-thigh and hung off the shoulders.

I'm in the middle...nowhere close to thin and tall...or really big and tall - I'm short and chubby. Yes chubby - that's what I'm going with. So how bout somebody make clothes for me and the short chubsters like me?

I have a butt and boobs, my waist though is smaller so I need something that fits the butt and the thick thighs, but at the same time comes in at the waist. As it is now if it fits in the thighs and butt then you can bet there's a big gap in the back or the crotch is down to my knees. And don't even get me started on the fact that finding pants the right length is IMPOSSIBLE!

I have wobbly arms that need full and true short sleeves - not cap sleeves a-hole - sleeve sleeves.

I don't want my shirts to look like I'm with child - I want them to go in at the waist - not out and flowing - I don't need to stuff it with pillows and various other things like perhaps an illegal immigrant.

I don't want awful prints and clothes that look like a fat prostitute/stripper lost her wardrobe at the store (Lane Bryant is really good at doing this).

And honestly it's been a few years since I've been a regular shopper at the 'chub' stores but today's experience brought back the angst. The anger and frustration and shame of being a 'fat kid' my whole life and trying to find clothes that fit and still look cute and age appropriate.

I guess I could get my chub ass back to the gym...or not.

No comments: