Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Say Cheese

Thanks to an air card thing-a-ma-jig I have internet access for the time being. It's weird being disconnected from the usual media and info suspects - TV/Internet. We've been watching movies and I finished a book I started before we moved, but it would take some getting used to not having the comfort of the TV on a regular basis.

It's also taking some getting used to being in a neighborhood - the last place we lived there were only a handful of houses on our street and not a lot of coming and going - that and we lived mainly in the den which was in the back of the house. You could walk around naked beating your spouse and no one would bother you. Here though it feels like every time you go out your front door there's a neighbor saying hi. No more naked spouse beating. ( I have no idea where the spouse beating came from - it was either that or clubbing seals and I thought that might be even more offensive)

I don't mind the neighbors or the lack of privacy much; it's something that time and curtains/blinds will remedy, it's just a definite adjustment.


I'm headed to WI this afternoon to do another rock n roll campus tour. I'm sure my fans are already lined up waiting to get a peak. Ha. This one is going to be better than the last; we've got a souped up PowerPoint and my nerves aren't as bad. Rock on!

No comments: