Friday, September 11, 2009

I had to give a presentation earlier this week to a group of college students. I was nervous as can be expected, what I didn't expect was how old and dorky I felt after it was all said and done. It's been 10 years since I was in that college building taking classes and it didn't feel like it had been that long ago to me until I stepped up to the podium and realized that these kids were YOUNG. I'm talking 18 year old fresh faced freshmen and slightly older grad students who were super over achievers - something I never was - and I suddenly felt my age and very uncool.

It was a weird awkward experience and lucky for me I get to repeat it 2 or 3 more times in the next several weeks.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ah, we do seem to only get older. Each year, when I start lessons with freshman, I am shocked to realize the year in which they were born, and what I was doing with my life at that time....