Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What Would Scooter Do?






I think I've mentioned that those Scooter Do mobility things make me laugh. When I see people cruising around town or up and down the aisles in Wal Mart on one...I don't know what it is about them but they give me the giggles.

Today though in Kroger something else happened that has happened to me before I just never thought much about it until now. But whenever I encounter someone on one of those scooters they are usually blocking the aisle and traveling at a slow rate of speed. I end up getting flustered and I never know if I should lurk behind them pretending I normally walk at that pace or if I should hurriedly, clumsily, and apologetically scoot by them.

Either way I feel rude. If I pass them even when I say excuse I feel like I almost always cut them off and if I wait behind them they almost never see me back there - or at least acknowledge me and so I'm stuck waiting for my chance to bob and weave around them.

And I know I'm hell bound for laughing at the pictures I posted with this blog. Maybe there will be scooters in hell.

1 comment:

Mary Bernard said...

Indeed. I share your issues. I'll say something pretty tacky: don't go to Kroger on the first Wed. of the month. It's Sr. Citzen Discount Day. I remember being so irritated one Wed. with all the scooters and lolly-gaggers AND the gi-normous race car kid carts, which I simultaneously loathe and love (now) because I have kids.

Anyway. I get you. :)