Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Rut Be Damned

I've been in a musical rut lately (the last 20 years). Nothing on XM interests me - if I hear one more Ratt Song on Hair Nation I'll scream. I haven't been in love with any band since GnR in '89 sad to say. I've liked some a lot but it hasn't been the same.

In an effort to end the dry spell I picked up Jacob Dylan's latest CD (came out June of last year that's how up to date I am) and Chris Cornell's Scream CD over the weekend. And I plan on getting Better than Ezra's new one in a few weeks when it comes out. Hopefully there's some inspiration there.

In the meantime I put together a random favorites CD and I'm loving it. I listened to it today on the way to work and just so happened to get stuck in traffic so I listened to all of it and I felt so good when I got into work. I also channeled Joe Cocker while belting out Never Been To Spain - Three Dog Night's version. It happened too while listening to this song that a man in a beat up pick up truck drove by and he had long shaggy hair and a long moustache and I yelled out the window "THREE DOG" (sorta like Freebird but not).

Play List
1. Sunday Morning Coming Down - Shawn Mullins

2. Heavenly Day - Patti Griffin
3. I Believe in You- Don Williams
4. Never Been to Spain - Three Dog Night
5. The Story - Brandy Carlile
6. Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
7. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
8. Solid Gold - Mark Chesnutt
9. Eastbound Down - Jerry Reed
10. Rocket Queen - GnR
11. Santa Monica - Everclear
12. Paradise City - GnR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't care what anyone says, Chris Cornell's Scream is AMAZING!! I like people who don't conform to the same old rules. And I especially love his justification for doing a record with Timbaland, something to the effect of if you don't take musical risks it's like working in an office. Love it, love him, love his music! CC ROCKS!!

-MichBoston

P.S. Another recommendation:pick up Lenny Kravitz' Love Revolution for a great record, start to finish!