Thursday, February 14, 2008

Just Curious

Why is that whenever you are calling someone (credit card company, bank, cable company) with an automated menu they always say "Please listen to the following menu options as they have RECENTLY changed". Why is it always 'recently'. And why is it always changing? The options have to be pretty standard. Why can't they just say - "Press 1 to speak to a live person"?

And I noticed the other day when Bugg when 'talking' to one of the automated menus that takes voice cues that he raised his voice at it and it occurred to me that I do the very same thing. I can't speak nicely or in a normal voice when I get the voice cue ones. I get a bitchy irritated tone and I practically scream in the phone "OPERATOR"!!!

Does anyone else do this?

1 comment:

vincent said...

I do it, I yell "OPERATOR AGENT HELP REPRESENTATIVE" one of them always seems to work.