Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I did it - Again

I signed up with a gym today. I actually think this one might work. I've signed up before a few times and always found a way to get out of going even with the help of well meaning friends - thanks Kristin. But this time I'll be going to the gym with Rese - the reason it's going to work this time is b/c I want to but more importantly b/c I will be riding to work with Rese everyday and we'll be working out on our way home from work and so I either go in and work out or sit on my ass in her car. So basically I'm kind of being taken prisoner by a faithful gym do-gooder and I'm ok with it.

We'll be going to the Urban Active gym. When I signed up today I noticed right off a few things that told me I was certainly not at the YMCA anymore. Lots and lots - I mean LOTS of people with tattoos - all over their buff bodies. Perhaps I can get my foot in shape so my tat will look at cool as theirs. Also there weren't many seniors ...and by many I mean - zero. I didn't mind the seniors at all it's just a totally different gym atmosphere. I think the girl who signed me up had been drinking on her lunch break - but she was pleasant. They have a huge cardio cinema area where you can watch movies while you do the treadmill - kinda cool. They also have a boxing ring which I have to tell you I'm excited about - boxing ring and a big punching bag. I love to punch sh*t and I hope someday I'll be brave enough to use it.

Random note: Put your balls back in your pants missy - that was some funny sh*t right there. It still makes me laugh today.

Other Random note: Seb and I were walking out of the cafe at work and immediately we heard this music - we both stopped and looked at each other - and then realized it was a ring tone on someone's phone. Seb said it sounded like a theme song and it did - like it was perfectly cued to our entrance into the lobby from the cafe. Then we went on to disucss how cool it would be to have our own theme song or theme music - like Peter on Family Guy had in one episode.

1 comment:

KGirl said...

You let me know if you need me to talk to anyone. Go for it Chica!
~ Girl wearing wife beater with loaded guns