Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Two birds - one anxiety disorder

In addition to my social anxiety I have dress anxiety. I have in the past purchased cute dresses/skirts that never see the light of day b/c I'm too anxious to wear them.

The reasons:
  1. I'm not fond of my legs
  2. People will fuss. People being people - i.e. nice - and the whole dress thing will being new - they will fuss and it will make me uncomfortable and make me deflect anything nice they say with some random wise crack and run to the nearest bathroom to put on pants.
  3. I'm not fond of my legs
Today though I sucked it up and put on the dress and made it out the door, into the car, and into my office. And yes a few people have been complimentary which I really do appreciate and so instead of saying something wise ass I opted for a 'thank you'.

Look at me all grown up and handling anxiety without much medication at all!

No comments: