Tuesday, April 08, 2008

All Dogs go to Heaven

Some of you know but sweet little Violet passed away on Saturday night. She had lots of love in her short little puppy life though but it's been a sad few days.

On another sad note - Super Dog Jake (my landlord in Maine's Lab) was put to sleep today. He lived a long happy life and had lots of love too. He got to spend lots of time running on the beach, loved riding in the car, and kept me company during my winter in Maine. Maureen said their other dog Nellie has been looking for Jake all day.

That's enough dog sadness for awhile.

I told Steve surely dogs go to heaven - there is nothing sweeter in the world than a dog's face and eyes. The debate is still out on cats though - at least in the case of Rufus ;)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, very few people knew just how sweet little Violet was. I am so very sorry for your loss, but so very happy that you got to spend some time with her. I know deep down that God must have wanted the sweetest little girl in the world for his own. Hopefully she will be waiting at the rainbow bridge...until we meet again. Will talk to you soon, Valerie

Sarah: said...

Oh how sad. Sorry you didn't ever get to bring your pup home!

S

Anonymous said...

Natae! I am so sorry! That is so sad! I had no idea. I'll miss hearing about her. She will be remembered. :(

MichBoston