Tuesday, December 05, 2006

This one's for you...

A poem for Kirk

Kirk, You are the man
You make deer meatloaf - and tomatoes you can
Your kid Lil E - he is so cute
And you have a beautiful wife Julie to boot (as in bonus not as in kick)

New Baden is where you live

Oh what I wouldn't give
For an ice cream from the Frosty Whip
But that sh*t would go straight from my lips to the hip

Julie and Me - we're a couple of "Basket Cases"
But who could resist our sweet round faces
Two crazy girls who laugh and cackle like witches
And proud to be a couple of bad a** b*tches!


And Scene

Note: The Frosty Whip was my favorite ice cream place in New Baden when I was a kid. Sadly it's no longer there. As a child I told my parents that if they ever got divorced I would live with Dad because he was the one who always took me to the Frosty Whip.

Note 2: New Baden IL was originally named Baden but was renamed New Baden after being destroyed by a tornado in the late 1800's early 1900's.

Note 3: Kirk makes the best deer meatloaf and canned tomatoes ever!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Robert Frost! You are too funny, this was quite the surprise. lol Thank you for the compliments and the New Baden trivia.

Julie said you might be moving huh? You might want to change your page from beaner33 to mullet33 after the move. lol

You're the best!
Kirk

Unknown said...

It sorta scared me that I had that much New Baden Trivia to offer. I was actually about to add one more fact but I decided against it for fear of seeming a little too crazy - but here it is -
On Dec 3rd 1982 (my 10th b-day) a tornado hit New Baden and did major damage to the trailer park and some of the apts by the pool. It's rare to have a tornado in December ya know.

Thanks for getting the beaner reference!

Anonymous said...

WOW... A trailer park in Illinois??? What are the chances?

Sorry Nat, had to say it :)

Was that where we where back in the day??? Or was that your grandparents' place??

Brian

Unknown said...

There are trailer parks in all 50 states. Nope not where we were. :-)

Friggin mullet and trailer park haters...

Darkhelmet said...

I'm not a hater...lol

Just always think of the plains when I think of trailer parks.

Mullet and I-ROCs... that's the Pittsburgh way

Unknown said...

I like Trans-Ams. Black and Gold.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll have to dig up a pic of my buddy's T/A..

1977 "smokey & the Bandit" edition. All black with the Gold bird and stripes and all. Very kick Ax.